Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter in Issaquah- 2008

I spent a couple hours walking around at night (between midnight and 5am) in the rare Issaquah snow trying to stay awake. More comments under each photo...

I got 'lucky' and had a car trip the lights during a 10 sec exposure, but not show up in the photo.

The neighbors appear to have moved away and left a light on.


Someone trying to get out of the parking lot.



My version of a self-portrait.



A treacherous looking path.



The view down Dogwood St. from Newport Way.



I swear I've lived here for years and never seen that sign.



Someone put a collar on that streelight to keep it from shining in their windows. I thought it made a nice spot light on the street for another self-portrait. And then I thought it looked better in mostly red.



In the middle of the night an 8 sec exposure shows quite a bit. But white stuff on the ground and in the sky helps too.



Lights on the roof melting snow.



This tree is huge. I have no idea how they got all those lights up there. I was tempted to sit on the bench for this photo.



Metal sculpture horse across from the theater.


The old train station under an almost dramatic sky.


Sidewalk lights at the hatchery are interesting.


A 15 second exposure just before dawn at the fish hatchery.



No comments: