Sunday, June 24, 2007

24-70 2.8L

It's really big. It's really heavy. It looks really sweet with the lens hood on.
I love it!
I've rented this lens a lot but it wasn't until recently that I managed to save enough to get it.
I find myself needing the f/2.8 a lot. I try to use my 50mm 1.8 but the lack of zoom (and quality) is limiting.
A major reason for choosing this one over the EF-S 17-55 2.8 IS was that it will work on my 10D IR too. When I got the 10D modified to IR I also got the focus calibrated to the 50mm 1.8. I haven't thoroughly tested this lens and the 10D's focusing, but from one or two quick shots, viewed on the LCD, it doesn't look bad. It's funny that this new lens has IR focusing marks because I can't use them since the camera's focusing has been recalibrated. Oh well.

The rain and the sun fought all day. I ran outside between downpours to shoot some roses near our parking space. The sun was bright and the flowers were soaked. I love the shallow depth of field of this lens. And the out of focus areas are so smooth.
I bet the neighbors thought I was crazy.









No comments: